Red Annex

2207 Rio Grande Street , Austin, Texas 78705

Red Annex, or "the Annex", is a part of the so-called Red House portion of Hardin House, both given their names owing to the red brick veneer added in 1955 to Red House. Though the dormitory was established in 1937, the Annex was not built until 1957 by Stella Hardin. The two-story building was designed to be a student rooming house. There are six bedrooms of varied floor plans typically housing eighteen residents. (See also room descriptions.) The Annex sits across from the housemother's apartment and Red House itself, a palm and banana tree landscaped pool and brick paver patio area separating the two. The Annex shares the study, computer room, laundry, exercise room, and living room areas with Red House.